The new mandatory boat inspection and decontamination program officially began last week on Thursday May 15th. All boats must now be inspected at one of six regional inspection stations located around the Lake prior to launching.
Once inspected and verified as clean, drained and dry – the boat can be sealed to the trailer and then continue on to launch. If the vessel does not meet the clean, drained and dry criteria – it must be decontaminated with high pressure hot water prior to launching.
For more details about the program – including inspection station location and times of operation, go to www.LGBoatInspections.com
Read more about the start of the program in local news coverage:
- Boat Inspections Now Mandatory on Lake George. The Post Star. May 15
- Boat Inspections Begin Around Lake George. The Post Star. May 16
- Lake George Boat Inspection Program has quiet launch. The Times Union. May 16
- Boat Inspections Mandatory on Lake George. The Oneida Daily Dispatch. May 16.
- A Busy First Day. The Post Star. May 17